Town of Okotoks Meter Upgrade
The Town of Okotoks is working with EPCOR and Corix Water Products to implement a Water Conservation and Leak Detection Program. The program will continue to update or replace existing water meter infrastructure to provide advanced metering features for both the Town and for residents.
Starting summer 2016, approximately 8,400 residential and commercial properties throughout the Town will have their water meter replaced or upgraded.
Implementation of the program will take about 1.5 years, with completion estimated for the end of 2017.
Benefits to You
As part of this program, you will receive upgraded metering technology with advanced features including, leak detection, backflow monitoring, and remote meter reading. The new water meter helps monitor water use at your property and manage water within the system as a whole. Below are some benefits:
- Detailed historical usage information – The AMI system includes access to detailed historical use data to help troubleshoot for water leaks on your property.
- Water usage monitoring – You will have access to a consumer portal where you can monitor your water usage and discover possible low-flow leaks that need to be addressed. It will give you the data to support your conservation efforts at home.
- System-wide efficiency and cost savings – The system reduces the Town’s operating expenses.
- Increased privacy – The Town can read your water meter without entering your property.
- Costs for the program are the responsibility of the Town – Customers will not be charged for installation or use associated with the new meters.
Reading Your Meter
Currently, EPCOR meter readers come to your property every other month to read your meter. With the advanced metering system, EPCOR employees will no longer access your property. Your meter will now be read remotely and your usage information will be transmitted to the Town of Okotoks. You will be able to access your usage information online at any time via the consumer portal. Simply follow the instructions provided to you by the Corix installer when your meter is upgraded/replaced.
Corix has been contracted by EPCOR, on behalf of the Town of Okotoks, to complete the Town’s water meter replacement program.
Corix installers will be clearly identified with Corix branded uniforms and identification.
Installation takes approximately 30 minutes and you will experience a temporary water outage during this time.
Crews will be installing advanced meters throughout the Town of Okotoks in August 2016.
Corix will provide additional information to customers on scheduling installations as appointments become available in their area.