Effective April 23, 2019, Corix Utilities, in conjunction with the Interior Health Authority, has issued a Water Quality Advisory for customers on the Canadian Lakeview Estates Water System. This advisory is issued due to Increased Turbidity than normal turbidity levels at water intakes which indicates a level of risk associated with consuming drinking water.
What to Do During a Water Quality Advisory:
Water intended for drinking, washing fruits and vegetables, making beverages or ice, or brushing teeth should be boiled for one minute.
Who Should Take Precaution:
- People with weakened immune systems or chronic illnesses
- People under 12 and over 65 years of age
- People seeking additional protection
How to Take Precaution:
- Boil water for one minute, let cool, then store in a clean, covered container in your refrigerator.
- Use filtered or distilled water
- Use an alternative water resource (e.g. bottled water)
In accordance with Interior Health Authority requirements, owners of all public facilities must post Water Quality
Advisories at all sinks or drinking water fountains accessible to the public. A Water Quality Advisory Notice is available at www.corix.com*, which can be printed on a standard letter size paper and posted until further notice. Alternatively, public fountains and taps may be turned off.
Corix Utilities is taking additional measures to reduce risk and a notification will be issued when water quality has improved.
Your health and safety are our #1 priority. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time. If you have any questions, please contact Corix Utilities at 1-866-457-7273 or visit our website at www.corix.com*.
* On the Corix website home page, hover over "Utility Customers" and then choose your community.
Please share this information with others who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly.