Water Conservation Plan
Posted on May 25, 2018
To reduce water use across the system during the summer months, Fairmont Hot Springs Utilities has adopted the Regional District of East Kootenay's Water Conservation Plan.
By following the water schedule below, you will help achieve a reduction in energy costs to produce water and maintain infrastructure.
2018 Watering Times - Effective Immediately
|MANUAL SPRINKLERS ||AUTOMATIC SPRINKLERS |
|Morning: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ||Morning: 3:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. |
|Evening: 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. ||Evening: No Watering |
- EVEN numbered houses may water on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
- ODD numbered houses may water on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
- "NO Watering Fridays" are in effect to allow time for reservoirs to replenish and to conserve water.
This water conservation plan will be in effect until further notice. For more information contact Corix Customer Care at 1.866.457.7273 or visit www.corix.com/fairmont
Thank you for your co-operation.
Water Conservation Tips
Below are some conservation tips that will help you cut your water consumption, in turn, reducing your impact on the environment.
Download Water Conservation Tips (PDF 83 KB) to keep handy at home.
Indoor Conservation Tips
- Repair leaking toilets, faucets and pipes.
- Replace older fixtures with new low-use water toilets, showerheads and faucets.
- Take shorter showers.
- Only wash full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Never use the toilet as a wastebasket.
Outdoor Conservation Tips
- Collect water in a rain barrel for use on indoor and outdoor plants.
- Check outdoor faucets, pipes and hoses for leaks.
- Weed your lawn and garden regularly, as weeds compete with other plants for water.
- Only water lawn when needed and in the early morning hours to minimize evaporation.
- Wash your car with a bucket and sponge instead of a hose.