Water Conservation Tips
Below are some conservation tips that will help you cut your water consumption, in turn, reducing your impact on the environment.
Indoor Conservation Tips
- Repair leaking toilets, faucets and pipes.
- Replace older fixtures with new low-use water toilets, showerheads and faucets.
- Take shorter showers.
- Only wash full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Never use the toilet as a wastebasket.
Outdoor Conservation Tips
- Collect water in a rain barrel for use on indoor and outdoor plants.
- Check outdoor faucets, pipes and hoses for leaks.
- Weed your lawn and garden regularly, as weeds compete with other plants for water.
- Only water lawn when needed and in the early morning hours to minimize evaporation.