News and Service Notices
Important notices regarding service alerts and rate adjustments will be posted here. Check back regularly.
Sewer Main Flushing update posted Monday, March 12, 2018
Due to mechanical issues with the equipment we were unable to finish sewer main flushing last week.
We will resume work this week, and expect to be complete by the afternoon on March 14. Thank you for your continued co-operation. posted Wednesday, March 7, 2018
We will be flushing the sewer main on Heritage Lake Terrace on Thursday, March 8 to clean out the sewer system of any residual debris from Friday evening's sewer main backup. Residents may continue to use toilets, sinks, and appliances during cleaning.
What to expect:
Air pressure in the sewer may cause some bubbling, especially in basement toilets and sinks. We recommend you keep your toilet lids closed and sink drains plugged (when not in use) to avoid splashing or spills.
As we pass by your connection, there may be some odor. To remove any lingering odors, you can open a window for a few minutes, run water down the drain, and flush the toilet.
For any questions or concerns related to this notice, please contact Corix Customer Care at 1-877-577-2112.
Routine Fire Hydrant Maintenance posted Thursday, May 18 at 4:00pm
Starting on Monday, May 22, 2017, Corix Utilities will be conducting routine maintenance to the Heritage Point fire hydrants. Working fire hydrants are essential for fire protection and required under the Alberta Fire Code.
Maintenance work can involve pumping high-pressurized water through the pipes and releasing it through fire hydrants. You may notice water running down streets into catch basins.
What you should know:
- Your water will not be turned off during this time.
- The maintenance work may temporarily result in cloudy water and/or changes in water pressure; however, your water remains safe to drink.
- Please refrain from doing laundry from 8am to 4pm Monday- Friday.
- As the water is emptied out of the distribution system before it passes your meter, your utility bill will not be affected by the maintenance work. You are only charged for water that passes the meter on your private property.
- The maintenance work is weather-dependent and will take approximately three weeks to complete.
At Corix, safety is our highest priority. We continually monitor and perform ongoing water quality tests to ensure you have safe drinking water at your tap.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 403-254-9858.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Learn more about:
To request a copy of the latest terms and conditions, please contact our office at 403-273-8676 or email us at email@example.com.