In accordance with the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Corix Utilities (Foothills Wastewater) Inc. has applied to Alberta Environment and Parks to extend the date of the existing approval for one year for the Heritage Pointe Golf Course and Residential Wastewater System. The wastewater system is located in NE Section 05 Township 022 Range 29 West of the 4th Meridian in Foothills County. This extension will allow for the effective public review of the renewal of the approval.
A directly affected person may provide input into certain regulatory decisions, as allowed by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (section 73). Specifically, any person who is directly affected by this application may submit a written statement of concern within 30 days of the date of this notice to:
Environment and Parks
Regulatory Approvals Center
5th Floor, 9915 - 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G8
Fax: (780) 422-0154
The written statement of concern should include the following:
- The application number 014-767
- Describe concerns that are relevant to matters regulated by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Explain how the filer of the concern will be directly affected by the activities proposed in the application
- Provide the legal land location of the land owned or used by the filer where the concerns described are believed to be applicable
- State the distance between the land owned or used by the filer and the site in the application
- Contact information including the full name and mailing address of the filer
Please provide a telephone number and/or email address for ease of contact.
Environment and Parks will review each written statement of concern, seek more information if needed, and notify each filer by letter of the decision to accept or reject their written submission as a valid statement of concern. The Public Notice of this application will also be posted on the Department’s website at: https://avw.alberta.ca/PublicNoticesViewer.aspx.
Statements of concern submitted regarding this application are public records which are accessible by the public and the applicant. Failure to file a statement of concern may affect the right to file a Notice of Appeal with the Environmental Appeals Board.
This Notice will be posted for 30 days, starting March 5, 2019.
Copies of the application and additional information can be obtained from:
Corix Utilities (Foothills Wastewater) Inc.
Attention: Mike White
2-8515 45 ST SE
CALGARY, AB T2C 2P8