Water Conservation Tips
Below are some conservation tips that will help you cut your water consumption, in turn, reducing your impact on the environment.
Download Water Conservation Tips (PDF 83 KB) to keep handy at home.
Indoor Conservation Tips
- Repair leaking toilets, faucets and pipes.
- Replace older fixtures with new low-use water toilets, showerheads and faucets.
- Take shorter showers.
- Only wash full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Never use the toilet as a wastebasket.
Outdoor Conservation Tips
- Collect water in a rain barrel for use on indoor and outdoor plants.
- Check outdoor faucets, pipes and hoses for leaks.
- Weed your lawn and garden regularly, as weeds compete with other plants for water.
- Only water lawn when needed and in the early morning hours to minimize evaporation.
- Wash your car with a bucket and sponge instead of a hose.