Fall Safety and Preparedness
Below are tips for how you can prepare and maintain your property during the fall and winter season.
- Have your heat pump (furnace) cleaned and inspected by a qualified technician. It is important to keep this room free and clear of clutter so the equipment can be accessed with ease.
- Replace your heating system air filter in accordance to manufacturer’s instructions. It is always handy to have a spare clean one on hand.
- Check that GFCI electrical outlets are functioning properly. Be sure not to overload electrical outlets.
- Inspect your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace the batteries if they haven’t been changed in some time.
- Check gutters and downspouts for damage and remove accumulation of debris.
- Be prepared for the first snowfall by having a snow shovel and ice melt handy.