About Corix Utilities & Sun Rivers
Corix Utilities operates and maintains the following services for the Sun Rivers community.
- Potable and Irrigation Water
On-site storage and distribution of water obtained from the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc water treatment plant. This consists of filtered and treated domestic potable water, and untreated water for outdoor irrigation through separate water mains.
- Wastewater (Sewer)
Effluent collection through sewer mains, then treated at the wastewater treatment plant through a service agreement with the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc.
- Energy and GeoExchange
Residential and commercial buildings heated and cooled utilizing GeoExchange energy in addition to electricity and natural gas purchased from BC Hydro and FortisBC, respectively.
- Municipal Services
Snow removal from roadways, maintenance of roads, boulevards, street lights, fire hydrants and storm sewers.
About the Corix Group of Companies
Corix is a leader in the implementation of sustainable water, wastewater, and energy utility infrastructure solutions for small to medium-sized communities across North America. We design, supply, build, install, finance, and operate local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, and private-sector customers.
We are a privately held company owned by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI). Our head office is in Vancouver.
Purpose • Vision • Values
We help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive.
We are the preferred utility delivering solutions our customers want.
- We believe all accidents are preventable.
- We proactively and immediately address unsafe situations.
- We see something, we say something.
- We know that management cares for our safety.
- We have a good reputation and people want to work for us.
- We ensure execution is aligned to our strategy.
- We trust one another.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable.
- We are trusted by our customers and stakeholders.
- We do what we say.
- We know our customers, stakeholders and employees.
- We understand our business, operations and performance.
- We co-create value for everyone involved.
- We are invested in each other’s success.
- We cultivate and nurture sustainable relationships.
- We do the best we can with the resources available at that time.
- We strive for excellence when no one else is looking.
- We take pride in everything we do.
- We are focused, efficient and effective.
- We are recognized by the customers and communities we serve.
To learn more about the Corix Group of Companies, please visit our corporate homepage.