Corix Utilities would like to notify residents of a Water Outage planned for Wednesday, June 17, between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm. This outage will affect the following areas.
- All addresses from 1886 to 2007 Greywolf Drive
- 1886 Greywolf Drive – Mt Brewer View cul-de-sac
- 1892 Greywolf Drive – Mt Nelson View cul-de-sac
- 384, 396, 387, 389, 392 Cliffside Grove
This outage is necessary to conduct repairs to a known watermain leak. As a precautionary measure, a temporary Boil Water Advisory will be in place from June 17 onwards, and until further notice. This precautionary advisory is being issued due to the risk of contamination when water systems are turned off and depressurized, which means the safety of the drinking water supply cannot be immediately ensured.
Precautions During a Boil Water Advisory
During a Boil Water Advisory, tap water used for the following purposes should be brought to a rolling boil for at least one (1) minute prior to use.
- Drinking and ice cubes
- Liquids or food (e.g. tea or soup) that will not be boiled for at least one (1) minute
- Washing fruits and vegetables being eaten raw
- Brushing teeth or cleaning dental and medical appliances
- Preparing baby food and infant formula
- Bathing infants
Adults, adolescents, and older children may shower, bathe, or wash using tap water, but should avoid swallowing water. It’s recommended to sponge bathe infants if using tap water. Tap water may be used for dishes washed by machine but add bleach to water used for dishes washed by hand. Water used for other household purposes does not need to be boiled.
This Advisory will be rescinded once the water has been demonstrated safe to drink. Please check this webpage for updates.