About West Shore Environmental Services
West Shore Environmental Services (WSES) builds, owns, operates and maintains the City of Langford’s (the City) sewage collection system.
In 2004, West Shore Environmental Services Limited Partnership signed an agreement with the City of Langford to construct, own, operate and maintain extensions to the City’s sewage collection system. This includes operating and maintaining the existing sewers as well as handling all customer inquiries and concerns. The agreement took effect on September 29, 2004.
The City signed a Partnership Agreement with WSES to own, operate, maintain and expand the sewer system within the municipal boundary of Langford, British Columbia.
Accordingly, throughout the Term of the Agreement, the City and WSES will cooperate with each other with a view to furthering the purpose and objectives of the Agreement. The term of this Agreement is for 21 years with the right to renew for an additional 21 years.
WSES accepts applications for sewer services directly from customers. WSES will make available, at the owner’s expense, grinder pumps to single- or two-family dwellings where necessary to facilitate connection to the sewer system. For residential customers, WSES can provide information on financial options available for connections as well as on-site works necessary to connect to the system.
Where customers have septic systems (tanks and fields), WSES will not allow connections to the sewer system unless the septic system has been decommissioned in accordance with City bylaws.
WSES will proactively work with developers to facilitate sewer expansion to new developments. All new on-site sewer infrastructure must be in accordance with the City's current bylaws. WSES and the City will review both design and “as built” drawings of sewer infrastructure prior to connecting such works to the system.
Sewer Capital Plan
The current direction of City Council is that sewer trunk mains are only being extended where they are 100% funded by developers (usually new development) or where residents fund the extension on their own. In the instance where residents fund the extension, City Staff and WSES will meet with residents to present options with respect to the total cost and the cost associated per resident in agreement with the extension.
Sidewalks and Resurfacing Highways
Each sewer project completed by WSES will include an amount equal to 3% of the sewer construction costs for the construction of sidewalks or resurfacing of highways.
About the Corix Group of Companies
Corix is a leader in the implementation of sustainable water, wastewater, and energy utility infrastructure solutions for small to medium-sized communities across North America. We design, supply, build, install, finance, and operate local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, and private-sector customers.
We are a privately held company owned by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI). Our head office is in Vancouver.
Purpose • Vision • Values
We help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive.
We are the preferred utility delivering solutions our customers want.
- We believe all accidents are preventable.
- We proactively and immediately address unsafe situations.
- We see something, we say something.
- We know that management cares for our safety.
- We have a good reputation and people want to work for us.
- We ensure execution is aligned to our strategy.
- We trust one another.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable.
- We are trusted by our customers and stakeholders.
- We do what we say.
- We know our customers, stakeholders and employees.
- We understand our business, operations and performance.
- We co-create value for everyone involved.
- We are invested in each other’s success.
- We cultivate and nurture sustainable relationships.
- We do the best we can with the resources available at that time.
- We strive for excellence when no one else is looking.
- We take pride in everything we do.
- We are focused, efficient and effective.
- We are recognized by the customers and communities we serve.
To learn more about the Corix Group of Companies, please visit our corporate homepage.